Thursday, September 2, 2010

for the thoughts that won't fit in a facebook status

so i quit my job today, and not a moment too soon... seems as though i've developed a case of something that looks a lot like bronchitis. in case you didn't know, i worked in a Pac Sun warehouse throwing boxes and boxes and boxes of jeans, shoes, shirts, and some really ugly blouses. i woke up at 4:20 a.m. to get to work by 5, and quitin' time was 3:45 p.m... a month later after working there, and i end it with a case of lung-hacking-phlegm-spitting-fun.

i'm trying my best to not sound like a whiney pants but i'm not doing such a good job...

could i share with you a very big flaw of mine? i have a "justification complex". i feel as though i have to justify my decisions to everyone, that somehow everyone who knows me and everyone who doesn't know me is watching every move and marking down little red "X"s in their notebook of Corbin. but there are a lot of flaws to this..well..flaw.

while stumbling one day, i found a list of things to remember about life. one of them spoke to me very strongly: "No one thinks about you as much as you do." i struggle a lot with this problem. why do i think people are always thinking about me? talking about me? what kind of person does that make me in my head?

do i really think people are reading this? are they? if they aren't, does that bother me?

[no, no, yes]

anyway, if anyone has any job prospects, hit me up, because i'm ready to grace any workplace with my sparkling, optimistic, smiling presence.

now if you'll excuse me, i've got to go cough up more pieces of my lungs.

thanks,
corbin

1 comment:

  1. 1) I'm reading this.
    2) If you found a job in CO, you could come hang out with Daniel, Anni and I... or just Anni and I during the day depending on your job.
    3) Feel better...

    ReplyDelete