Tuesday, December 7, 2010

do i see the clouds, or the sun behind them?

Got a lot to work on at the moment. First is my job. Speaking of, gotta take a drive through customer real quick...

And another one...

Whew. Ok.

Yes, I need to work on my job. It's really, really hard not to complain about it. For a while it wasn't so bad, but I guess during the holidays banks get busier. Gee, who woulda thunk it? It comes with the territory I suppose. Grin and bear it. I'll do my best.

The Reindeer Monologues has been going... well. I worked really hard on this show, and just because not every single person who sees it loves it doesn't mean I can't feel good about my work. I mean, yes, the only thing that really matters at the end of a show is whether or not the audience enjoyed it, but I also can't use their opinions as clout to beat myself up. Trust me, that would be all too easy to do. But beating myself up is something I'm trying to do less, so here's to not feeling like shit.

Then I'm also in another show. Rehearsals start today for me. "The Last Mass at St. Casimir's". It's a good show, I'm pretty excited. It feels weird being in 2 shows at once... I don't know why, I've done it before. I've been in 4 shows at once (techically 5) so I should be used to this. I guess it's because this time I'm doing one show and rehearsing another, whereas that one time in college I was in rehearsal for 5 shows that went up at the same time. That was so much fun. Then again, 3 of them were One Acts, 1 of them was just foley sound for a radio show, and 1 of them was a chorus part in the local high school's production of "High School Musical". Fun times.

So in one respect, my mind wants to say "Look at all the clouds." But in another it wants to say "But look at the sun behind them."

I'm trying. I mean it's not hard to see the sun, that's not the problem. It's acknowledging the stark difference between the two, and realizing what I should be grateful for.

Corbin

No comments:

Post a Comment