Wednesday, February 2, 2011

i owe it to you, i owe it to myself

... to make a post.

For the past few weeks I've wanted to write, but had nothing to say. My motto is, if you don't have anything worth saying, shut your damn pie hole. Then a good friend (who's stunningly good looking, btw) asked me to blog, and as luck would have it, I did read an interesting article today I think sparked a little... what...? anger? resentment? that I felt would be worth saying a thing or two about.

No doubt that some of you have heard of this, or have already seen the video, but here it is. It's the sting operation done on Planned Parenthood. To be honest, I haven't seen the video myself because I've been at work, but this article which contains a link to the video explains a lot of what was said, and needless to say it's troubling.

Don't feel like going through all that trouble? Read on and I'll summarize a bit... What we have here is an organization dedicated to making sure as many abortions happen as possible. Period. That's their bottom line. They may claim that their intentions are good, that they want to 'help' poor young people in tough situations, etc, but their actions don't support this. They consistently break the law by ignoring cases of statutory rape and actual rape by accepting said cases and not telling parents and/or authorities. They break the law to keep their numbers up and make sure there's no trouble that could disrupt business. It's dirty, unlawful, irresponsible, and sickening to think that they'll stop at nothing just to make sure people can have abortions whenever they want it.

I guess it just bothers me that Catholics get so much shit sometimes. I guess it just bothers me that I know people or are even friends with people who think all Catholic priests are a bunch of child molesters but who support Planned Parenthood and their actions. Where are their torches and pitch forks for PP? Where are the Dateline specials? Where is the outrage, the protesting? Oh, but those dirty Catholics, gotta make sure that shit stops right now.

And you know what, you're right. And you know what, we're trying. And so are the priests involved. But you know what I don't see? Any guilt or amendments from Planned Parenthood. They know what they do is wrong, they know they're breaking the law. But no one cares. They don't care, their supporters don't care, and somehow the law doesn't even seem like they're going to take action, because PP's going to continue to get grants and funding for their work. At least Catholics know that the priest scandal was appalling and we're trying to fix it. But this? This shouldn't stand.

Just makes me sick is all.

Corbin

No comments:

Post a Comment